Driveways Contractor in Penzance Cornwall Specialising in all styles of driveways including block paving, tarmac & cobbled stone
Whatever your vision for your driveway, MIM can help make it a reality. With our extensive range of driveway styles, colours and methods, the variations are virtually endless. From modern to traditional and finishing touches like kerbs, edging or walling we'll create the perfect driveway to suit your home.
All our driveways are constructed using the highest-quality building materials. Practical, durable and supremely attractive, our driveways will look remain in perfect condition for years to come.
Incorporating well-designed steps, paths and lighting, along or from your new driveway can bring it to life and make it more part of the home. MIM can help you make the right choice of materials by taking the time to listen to you and understand your vision.
Driveway Ground Preparation
Ground preparation is the most important part of any paving project. If the installation of the driveway is carried out without the ground being prepared properly, there will most certainly be future problems. That's why here at MIM we adhere to the correct procedures laid out by the British Standard Regulations. They are as follow:
- Firstly the area must be excavated to a suitable depth. The depth depends on ground conditions but must be at least 250mm from the finished level. Any soft spots must be excavated to good ground.
- The sub soil is to be compacted at this point. A geo textile membrane is installed next.
- Edge restraints are now to be installed on a concrete bed with adequate haunching.
- Any drainage which is needed is to be installed at this point.
- There must be at least 150mm of compacted M.O.T road stone installed and compacted in two 75mm increments.
- We now install a sharp sand bed (Not soft sand), screeded to a level depth of 30mm (Tolerance +10mm -5mm) for which the block paving will be installed. In order to ensure consistent colour distribution, blocks will be selected from a minimum of three packs.
- Kiln dried sand will now be brushed into the joints and the finished paved surface will be sufficiently compacted to ensure all joints are completely filled. A neoprene mat will be used on the underside of the compacter plate to prevent damage to the blocks.